- Use nature as our guide.
- Do no harm to the land beneath our feet.
- Continue to educate.
- Do our best on every job.
- Select the highest quality materials.
- Never settle for mediocrity.
- Seek opportunities for improvement.
- Go above and beyond.
- Strive for excellent referrals.
- Act with integrity.
- Stand by our promises.
- Be courteous and thoughtful towards coworkers and clients.
- Come to work with a positive attitude.
- Share in our common goals.
- Pull your weight, and always lend a helping hand.
- Leave every property looking beautiful.
- Take pride in the appearance of ourselves, our equipment, and our work.
- Let it shine from within.
Jennifer has been involved in horticulture for over 20 years. In addition to running GreenWeaver Landscapes, she is currently an instructor at Longwood Gardens where she teaches stormwater management and landscape design. She holds a Certificate of Merit in Ornamental Plants and a Certificate of Merit in Landscape Design from Longwood Gardens. Prior to starting GreenWeaver, she was Vice President of Twin Oaks Landscaping, Inc. of Fairfax, Virginia. Jennifer served on the Board of Directors of the District of Columbia Branch of the Professional Grounds Management Society in 2003, and on the Green Industry Professional Seminar Committee from 1998 to 2004.
Greg has been in professional horticulture for over 20 years. He is an International Society of Arboriculture certified arborist (MA-0510A) and a PA certified pesticide applicator (BU10663), and is currently on the Board of Directors of Professional Grounds Management Society (PGMS) where he served as the president in 2007. He is an active instructor in the continuing education department at Longwood Gardens. Greg started in landscaping by mowing lawns while attending George Mason University in Fairfax, Virginia. Upon graduation, he founded Twin Oaks Landscaping, Inc, which he operated until 2004. Greg worked as Assistant Director of Facilities for Grounds at Bryn Mawr College in Bryn Mawr, PA, from 2004-2008.
Ryan has been involved in the landscape industry for 10 years. His experience spans from residential maintenance/installation to commercial contracting and landscape construction with heavy emphasis on project management. This involvement has given him hands on experience with projects ranging from open space reforestation, hardscape design and construction, new construction installation as well as renovations both small and large. Ryan's certifications include: Interlocking Concrete Pavement Institute - Certified Paver Installer (ICPI CPI), National Concrete Masonry Association - Segmental Retaining Wall Installer (NCMA SRWI), Pennsylvania Landscape and Nursery Association - Sustainable Landscape Certified (PLNA SLC), Occupational Safety Health Administration - 30 Hour General (OSHA 30).
PETER VAN DYK
DesignER & ESTIMATOR
Pete Van Dyk has been practicing landscape design for over ten years and has a passion for creating visually beautiful and ecologically beneficial outdoor spaces. He has designed, estimated, and overseen the installation of residential and institutional landscapes with emphasis on natural materials, native plants, and a keen eye for creative and sustainable solutions. Pete graduated from Calvin University with a degree in Architecture and Engineering and has extensive experience collaborating with owners, stakeholders, architects, engineers, and builders on projects ranging from city roof gardens to master plans for country estates. When not at the drawing board or a jobsite, Pete can be found tending the family vegetable garden with his wife and daughter and creating epicurean delights in the kitchen.
Kelsey has a strong background in fine gardening, horticulture, container gardening, and floral design. She has managed gardening teams to implement different styles of landscaping, from formal to more naturalistic. Regardless of style, she maintains all gardens using horticultural practices that are ecologically responsible and that honor biodiversity. Kelsey holds a BFA from Tyler School of Art; her formal education is apparent in her passion for creativity and critical problem solving, which makes her a great fit in the green industry. Kelsey also has a keen eye for capturing the beauty and interest of gardening; you may see her posts on GreenWeaver’s social media pages.
- GreenWeaver is registered with the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania as a home improvement contractor, HIC# PA13168.
- GreenWeaver is a Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE) and is proud to be active in our local and horticultural communities.
- Our entire team (crew, designers, and managers) attend trainings and seminars throughout the year to keep up with the latest technologies and philosophies.
- Jennifer and Greg Nichols teach two courses at Longwood Gardens (People, Plants, and Landscape Design and Stormwater Solutions).
Certified pesticide applicators