Have you ever been to the Pennsylvania Farm Show? If not, you don’t know what you are missing. With free admission and $15 parking, it could be the best deal in the state!
So what is there to see and do at the Farm Show? With over 6,000 animals and over 10,000 exhibits it is difficult to decide! Below is a short sample:
• Taste Pennsylvania apple cider, honey, and baked goods
• Watch a rodeo
• Learn to quilt
• Attend live animal judging
• View a 1000 pound butter sculpture
• Learn about birds of prey with live demonstrations
• Get off your feet in the arena while watching a horse show
• Bid on a hand crafted shawl at the Sheep to Shawl Auction
• Become a Farm Show AgExplorer
This year is an especially good year to attend, because it is the Farm Show’s 100th Anniversary and because the Pennsylvania Landscape and Nursery Association (PLNA) is going to have a booth!
Since this year’s theme is sustainability, GreenWeaver was asked to participate in the PLNA Farm Show Booth Planning Committee with the goal of designing, planning and implementing the display. Our own Ted Pickering stepped up to the challenge and in addition to assisting in the planning, he is in charge of the booth’s construction and dis-assembly.
The booth is designed to show property owners what they can do on their own properties through best landscape practices. The goal is to increase the environmental benefits that are provided to us by Mother Nature.
Come join us January 9th -16th in Harrisburg at the Farm Show Complex. For more information, visit the Farm Show website. Hope to see you there!